Google Ad

Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's About Who You Know

My buddy asked me yesterday,"Matt, how are you meeting all these people in the music business that are able to help you?" I simply said, "Drink as much beer as you can with as many people as you can, as often as you can." I was over-exaggerating a little but the foundation is there. Getting yourself out there is the best way to get yourself out there. It's surprising the people I come across who are eager to help and who like helping hardworking individuals such as myself. Making a good, strong impression really goes a long way and I am so excited about the stuff I'm putting out that I think it starts to emanate from my pores!!!! I have no doubt when people hear my music they will be blown away so for me to go out and try to get people to push it for me is on top of my to-do list.
Example 1: Last night I went to play basketball at Montgomery Bell Academy which holds an open gym for guys "my age" and it was a blast. Met a lot of new friends and fans, and as luck would have it. I also gained a friend who may be able to help me out with getting some shows going down here in Nashville! Such a big city, with a big community of musicians and music industry people...It's always nice to run into people who are willing to help a new guy out!

My Album on iTunes