Google Ad

Friday, October 7, 2011

The Good Life

Picture this if you will: I'm driving down Broadway on a hot afternoon. I have my windows half rolled down to let the air into my Jeep. I don't have AC so I am thankful I got to TN after the summer heat wave. There is a ton of traffic and I slow down to stop at the stop light along with at least 100 other cars. In the opposite direction traffic is the same, and I am casually listening to talk radio as I make my way through the city. Suddenly, I catch a familiar sound that I thought was coming out of my phone. To my surprise, I looked over and saw a convertible Sebring with two 25 year old looking fellows with their top down, PLAYING MY SONG in the car!!! It was The Good Life!!!! I rolled my window down the rest of the way to make sure my ears weren't hallucinating. They were definitely playing it so I yelled over, "Hey, you like that song?!?! That's me!" I received a thumbs up, the lights turned green and we both went on our way.
They might not have completely grasped what had just happened, but for ME, that was the first time I had ever randomly heard someone I had no idea who they were, playing my music! I have never been so excited! I immediately called my folks and my friend Justin Huffman to tell them the news! Its not the most amazing thing in the world but it is pretty freakin sweet from my angle!

iTunes Album for Sale


ReverbNation Fan Page

cdBaby Album for Sale



Thanks for reading,
Matt Marinchick