Google Ad

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Let Me Learn Your Song



The best thing happened last night when I checked my emails. I received an email from a young kid that wanted to learn one of my songs so that he could play it for a girl before asking her to be his girlfriend. I was touched. With all the amazing love songs out there, he wanted to play one of mine. He asked me for the chords and I gladly gave them to him. I feel like this is one of those moments that I will be looking back on and telling my children about someday. That was just a short little moment, but it really meant a lot to me to hear that..... I hope it worked for him!
As things around Nashville pick up, I am running into so many great people in the industry. If there was ever a week in Nashville to go out and meet people, the week is NOW! Every single turn, I run into someone who will be helpful, potentially or currently, in some way. From Tour Managers, to Major Record Execs, I am learning so much about the "business" of music. I cant wait until all this networking starts REALLY paying dividends!!!
November is turning out to be a great month. I was asked to perform for WTS Media for their Grand Opening party. They sent invites to 1000's of people, so I hope the turn out is great! Its right in between Music Row at a very popular hang out spot off of Edgehill Dr.. Thats on November 15 at Noon. THEN, I get to play at the Renegade Junction Writers Showcase on November 22 at The Attic. Another great opportunity to "strut my stuff". Finally, at the end of the month I will be playing at the Whiskey Jam which is held at Winners for "Up and Comers" such as myself! Things are looking up.
In a few days my album will be fully reproduced and ready for physical sale. It will be a very good promotional tool to get the word out as well as a way to make some money on the side! (For $10, you can own one too!) I only have 1000 of them so you guys better hurry up and get yours!
Last night I attended Kenneth Duncans Performance at Puckett's Grocery and Restaurant. He played with Lindsay Highlander and Mitch Rossell. Kenneth wrote a lot of songs for Lindsay and all 3 of them rocked the house! Such a good time! After that was Whiskey Jam at Winners, a trip to Losers next door, and it was time for bed.

November 15 (12pm-2pm) - WTS MEDIA Grand Opening Party @ Edgehill Dr.
November 22 (8pm-11pm) - Renegade Junction Writers Showcase @ The Attic
November 28 (Still Pending) - Whiskey Jam @ Winners

Album on iTunes




MATT MARINCHICK FAN PAGE

No comments: