Google Ad

Friday, November 11, 2011

CMA WEEK

Now that CMA Week has come to a close, Im looking back at ALL the things that happened and I am just going to bullet-point the things that I can remember off the top of my head right now... If I think of something later, I will update this blog post.

- Went to see Kenneth Duncan play his music with Lindsay Highlander and Mitch Rossell at Pucketts Grocery
- Met a few radio DJ's from around the U.S. who work with Grassroots. I told them to put me onto heavy rotation onto their stations!!! :) They took some pics with me and will put them on their radio stations websites.
- Took a limo ride after CMA's from Losers to Red Door Saloon. For those of you who do not know, its about 500 feet down the road..... Ya gotta start somewhere, right? :)
- Got to hear Jim Femino play his songs while we hung out after-hours in the studio. Jim Femino is an unbelievable songwriter who wrote country music's "Most played Country song of 2008". Not too shabby!
- Broke up a fight outside of Red Door Saloon!
- Met Natasha Bedingfield at Losers Bar. Told her she was unbelievable in her performance with Rascal Flatts. I didnt mention anything about the dress she wore that looked like someone shot Snuffalupagus from Sesame Street and wrapped it around her....BUT I swear she was staring at me a little more than normal... Maybe someday! :P
- Went to a party held by Buddy Lee Attractions (Jason Aldeans Agency) and got to watch Cat Scratch Fever and Stranglehold LIVE performed by the lead singer himself with band!!! MUSIC FACT: Cat Scratch Fever and Stranglehold were actually NOT sung by Nugent. It was Derek St. Holmes. Everyone thinks it was the Nuge...but St. Holmes ROCKED last night! So cool!
- Set up a co-writing appointment with Greg Johnson. He's had cuts with Clay Walker, Tracy Lawrence (on his Grammy nominated album) Brian McComas, Sweethearts of the Rodeo, Lila McCann and others.
-There is more but those were definitely highlights!!!

ALBUM FOR SALE! Matt Marinchick on iTunes

No comments: